The media was all in a titter this week over a new study that purported to show a link between Omega-3 consumption and an increased risk of prostate cancer.
But as more details emerged, it became clear that the conclusions of the study were highly flawed, contradicted a raft of previous evidence, and amounted to what many experts called, “scaremongering.”
No sooner had the study been publicized than dozens of experts began crying foul:
– Dr. Michele Sadler, scientific adviser to the Health Food Manufacturers’ Association (HEMA) pointed out that the study wasn’t designed to investigate the role of Omega-3 in prostate cancer and therefore, “no firm conclusions can be drawn.”
“This type of evidence does not demonstrate cause and effect,” she said.
– Experts from GOED (Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s) pointed out that if the findings of this study were true, “then prostate cancer would be rampant in any country with high seafood consumption (Scandinavia, Japan, etc). But clearly this is not the case.”
-Duffy MacKay, vice president of scientific and regulatory affairs at the Council for Responsible Nutrition pointed out that this wasn’t the only “significant correlation” from the study that didn’t make sense when put against the background of scientific evidence. According to him, the data also showed non smokers and non drinkers were also at a higher risk.
“If you listen to this study,” MacKay said, “you should not only cut omega-3 but you should start smoking cigarettes and drinking more.”
Prior Weight Of Evidence Disputes Current “Findings”
It takes mere seconds for a Google Scholar search to turn up pages of results contradicting the current findings. Just a few to have a look at include:
Conclusion: Not Time To Freak Out
Once again the media and biased researchers have come together to try and frighten you about health risks that don’t exist. To the contrary, the evidence shows you’re not only safe, but well advised to keep taking your Omega-3 supplements!
Of course, we stand behind what we think is the best Omega-3 supplement out there: Black Label Krill Oil™. Get yours today at one of these great websites:
??? Where To Get It ???
More and more retailers carry Black Label Krill Oil™ every day. You can find several of them by searching Google, and we’ve listed a few of our favorites below.
1. StillSmilin.com — relative newcomer, they are attracting customers with very low trial prices and automatic monthly shipments. This is a perfect service for people serious about staying healthy, long term, and that’s exactly what we are all about, so we wholeheartedly support what they are building!
Get Black Label Krill Oil™ from StillSmilin.com
2. Amazon.com — perhaps the largest retailer online. Is there anything they don’t sell?
Get Black Label Krill Oil™ from Amazon.com
3. RagTagHealth.com — Home of the Rag-Tag Research Geeks, and has the best customer service anywhere.
Get Black Label Krill Oil™ from RagTagHealth.com